PTSA E-Tidbit News
9/25/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
HAPPENINGS (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/26 - Cross Country Chipotle Fundraiser
9/29 – Last day to pay to receive Juniors PSAT scores
9/30 - Turbo Tutoring SAT Prep Class
10/2-10/3 – Vision/Hearing Screenings, Volunteers needed
10/2-10/6 – Homecoming Ticket Sales, Volunteers needed
10/7 – Homecoming Dance, Volunteers needed
Here are several updates we know about from around the school:
- Easy ways to Support the Westfield:
- Giant Food: Please register your Giant bonus card. It has to be registered every year and can be done at: https://giantfood.com/school-rewards Our school code is 03798. The program runs October 6th – March 15th.
- Harris Teeter: Register your VIC card at http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx Our school code is 8134.
- Office Depot: When checking out at the register, please ask them to credit Westfield HS. The code is 70115228. They’ll give 5% back to the school!
- Amazon: Please click on the link on the right side of the PTSA’s webpage before ordering! www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Shutterfly: Please click here to give 13% of your purchase back to the school!
- Teacher/Staff Back-To-School Lunch Thank Yous: Thank you to everyone who donated a salad and to the volunteers! Your willingness to make this event a nice one for the teachers/staff was very appreciated. Thank you to Vanessa Moore for organizing!
- Hearing/Vision Screening Volunteers: On October 2nd and 3rd, all sophomores and upper grade students new to FCPS will have their hearing and vision tested. Adult volunteers are needed to help with the testing! No experience needed. Training and snacks provided. To sign up, please click here. Thank you!
- Heart Screening Thank Yous: Thank you to everyone who volunteered and attended the free heart screening last Saturday! This event screened 12-26 year olds to help identify and prevent Sudden Cardiac Arrest. A big thanks to the Ryan Lopynski Big Heart Foundation, the Bouveron Family, Starbucks at Chantilly Crossing, and Westfield administration.
- PTSA Board: Congratulations and thank you to the 2017-2018 WHS PTSA Board. Welcome to Jennie Ryman (1st VP), Tammy Hagemeier (Treasurer), and Regina Seetoo (Secretary), who are joining President Tricia Monroe and 2nd VP Kristi Finn!
- PTSA Committee Chair Openings: A few volunteers are needed to coordinate the following committees. Please contact Tricia Monroe with questions or to volunteer (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- All Night Graduation Celebration Chair/Co-Chair: Without a chair or co-chair, there will be no ANGP event for the class of 2018. The chair, along with committee (volunteers also needed), will identify the location of the event and coordinate the planning of it, within budget.
- Publicity Chair: The primary role of this position (though it can be molded) is to help promote the mulch and ANGP events by creating fliers, taking pictures, putting together a slide show/video to show parents and students. This is an open-ended role, with room for creativity.
- PSAT Information: PSAT Day is Wednesday, October 11th. Freshmen will take the College Board PSAT 8/9 and sophomores and juniors will take the PSAT-NMSQT. FCPS pays for the score reports for 9th and 10th grade students. If you are a junior parent and would like the score report, you must pay a fee of $20. The form is attached or you may pay online at myschoolbucks.com (search from PSAT-NMSQT fee). Payment must be made by September 29th.
- PTSA Membership: If you haven’t already, please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here.
- Request for convertibles and trucks for the October 6th Homecoming Parade: If you have a convertible or truck you would be willing to drive and/or loan for the Homecoming Parade, please contact Mr. Chapman at email@example.com or Ms. Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Vehicles are needed from 4-6 pm.
- Homecoming Information: Spirit week is 10/2-10/6, the parade is Friday, 10/6 (4:45-ish starting at Chantilly National Country Club) followed by the football game vs. Madison at 7 pm. The dance is at Westfield on Saturday, 10/7, from 8-11 pm. Tickets will be sold during lunches during sprint week. Tickets are $20/each.
- Homecoming Volunteers Needed: Volunteers are needed to help sell Homecoming dance tickets during lunches 10/2-10/6 (click here) and at the dance on 10/7 (click here)
- Ms. Florimonte’s Art is on Display!: Congratulations to Ms. Florimonte! Her art has been selected to be part of the 10th Annual Artist Teacher Exhibition, which takes place from 9/27-10/28. For information about the exhibit, click here
- WHS Student Directory Purchase: To reserve a copy of the WHS Student Directory, indicate the number you’d like using the PTSA Membership form. The form is online and attached.
- Turbo Tutoring SAT and ACT Prep: SAT and ACT prep classes are offered by Turbo Tutoring throughout the year. For information and to register, see the attached flier or click here. The next SAT class is at Westfield this Saturday, 9/30.
- Chipotle Dinner Fundraiser for Cross Country: The WHS Cross Country Team is holding a fundraiser at the Sully Station Chipotle on Tuesday, September 26th from 4-8 pm. Please show the attached flier or mention to the cashier that you are there to support the team!
- Support across the school: Did you know that there are a number of different booster groups around the school? Your support makes it possible for the different groups to support our students. Please consider joining and supporting the efforts for maintaining the high level of performance Westfield students are known for!
- PTSA: Academic Booster group. Join here to help support all students, staff and families at Westfield.
- Westfield Athletic Boosters (WABC): Buying a season pass gives access to home regular season sporting events and supports all student athletes at WHS. The membership form is attached at the bottom of the eblast.
- Wesfield Theatre Boosters: Join here to help support the award-winning theatre program.
- Westfield Band Boosters: The membership form is attached at the bottom of the eblast. Join to support the award-winning band program.
- WHS Choral Boosters: Please contact Mrs. Pierce at email@example.com for information about supporting the chorus program.
- WHS Orchestra Boosters: Please contact Mr. Rupert at firstname.lastname@example.org to support the orchestra program.
- Senior Families: Attached is an information sheet with important dates for the Class of 2018.
- College Fairs: On Sunday, October 15th and Monday, October 16th, there will be college fairs. These are a chance to talk with representatives from many different schools, all in one place. For information and to register, click here
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar
- mySATadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center:There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit Upcoming presentation: Ann Dolin’s “Homework Made Simple” on 9/29. Registration required. Two of the upcoming events: 10/20 – Social Impact of ADHD and 10/24-Post Secondary Education Planning.
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpageEvery order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast? Send a request to email@example.com
- Thank you Silent Auction Donors:
WHS Orchestra Boosters
Know someone new to Westfield next year? Please encourage them to join the PTSA and sign up for the PTSA’s eblasts!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.