PTSA E-Tidbit News
11/26/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
12/1 and 12/2 – Theatre’s “A Christmas Carol”, 7 pm
12/3 – Theatre’s “A Christmas Carol”, 2 pm
Here are several updates we know about from around the school:
- PTSA Membership: If you haven’t already, please join the PTSA this year. You can join online here.
- Pie and Punch Holiday Staff Party: On Tuesday, December 12th, the PTSA is hosting a Pie and Punch Holiday Party for staff members and volunteers plus donations of desserts have been requested. Can you please help? To see what’s needed, click here. Thank you Vanessa Moore for organizing!
- Yarn Donations: The WHS librarians are sponsoring a volunteer opportunity for students after school on Mondays in the library. Students will be able to knit scarves for the homeless. This project is in conjunction withorg and students will be able to earn community service hours. This is a project that is offered at Stone MS, so we hope to encourage students to continue this work at Westfield. To help get this project rolling, donations of yarn have been requested: Red Heart brand yarn, acrylic (washable), weight category 4, dark colors only, and from smoke-and-pet-free homes (due to allergies). Questions? Please contact Ms. Koenig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theatre’s “A Christmas Carol”: This weekend, the WHS Theatre Department will present “A Christmas Carol”. For tickets and information, see the attached flier or click here.
- “A” Day Thank Yous: Many students earned entry tickets into drawings for 46 prizes during the recent “A” Day celebration! Students received one ticket per “A” on their report card and entered the tickets into the drawings. Thank you to Andrea Jacobs for organizing the event and to the following volunteers who made it a success: Mindy Conway, Rhonda Crane, Susan Dickinson, Kristi Finn, Vanessa Moore, Renee Ohanian, Katie Rakestraw, Jennie Ryman, Mary Rubens, and Diane Spindel.
- Outstanding Staff Member nominations: Is there a staff member who always goes the extra mile? Nominations are open for outstanding staff members and there are several different categories. Click here to see the categories and to submit a nomination.
- 2018-2019 School Calendar Survey: The School Board is planning for the 2018-2019 school year calendar is underway. To participate in a survey and let your voice be heard, click here Surveys must be submitted by December 1st. The School Board will voted on the calendar on December 14th.
- Yearbooks: Have you ordered a 2017-2018 Yearbook yet? To order, click here and enter code 5577.
- Student Directories: If you purchased a directory, your student should have brought it home by now. They were delivered to 7th period teachers earlier in November. Interested in buying one? There are a few remaining. Contact Christina Black at email@example.com if you are interested. They are $10 each.
- Publicity Chair Needed: The primary role of this position (though it can be molded) is to help promote the mulch and ANGP events by creating fliers, taking pictures, putting together a slide show/video to show parents and students. This is an open-ended role, with room for creativity.
- ANGP: Thank you to Ruben Mercado who has agreed to chair the Class of 2018 All Night Graduation Celebration! He and a committee of volunteers are busy planning the event. More to follow.
- Student Directories: Thanks to Christina Black, the student directories are complete! They will be distributed through 7th period teachers in the next few days. If you ordered a directory, please check with your student early next week to see if it’s in their backpack! Thanks to the sponsors of the directory – a complete list will be published in the next eblast!
- Easy ways to Support Westfield:
- Giant Food: Please remember to reregister your Giant bonus card. It has to be registered every year and can be done at: https://giantfood.com/school-rewards Our school code is 03798. The program runs October 6th – March 15th.
- Harris Teeter: Register your VIC card at http://www.harristeeter.com/community/together_in_education/link_to_your_school.aspx Our school code is 8134.
- Office Depot: When checking out at the register, please ask them to credit Westfield HS. The code is 70115228. They’ll give 5% back to the school!
- Amazon: Please click on the link on the right side of the PTSA’s webpage before ordering! www.ptsa.westfieldhs.org
- Shutterfly: Please click here to give 13% of your purchase back to the school!
- Superintendent Brabrand is holding two more community meetings: The remaining meetings are on November 28th at Chantilly High School and December 11th at Jackson Middle School. Interpreters will be available but attendees needed the service need to register ahead of time to ensure an interpreter is available. For information, click here.
- mySATadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast?Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the Field Hockey team – State Champions!
Congratulations to the Football team – Region Champions. The state semi-final game against Woodbridge is Saturday, December 2nd at 2 pm at Westfield. Tickets: $10 Concessions Volunteers needed. Click here to help!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.