PTSA E-Tidbit News
6/5/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
6/5 – Chipotle fundraiser for Chorus, 5-8 pm
6/5 – Marching Band – Percussion clinic, 6-8 pm
6/6 – Link for parking permits for next year opens, 3:30 pm
6/6 – Orchestra Concert, 7 pm
6/7-6/8 – Pyramid Art Show (see #6)
6/7 – Jazz Ensemble and Percussion Concert, 7 pm
6/8 – Band concert, 7 pm
6/11 – Baccalaureate, 5 pm
Here are several updates from around the school:
- 2017-2018 PTSA Openings – Volunteers Needed Please! Volunteers are needed for the following positions for next year: 1st Vice President, Secretary, Publicity, and Fundraising (Ways and Means-but not the mulch sale). If you are interested or have questions, please contact Tricia Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org Please help make a positive impact on all Westfield students, staff, and families!
- SOL Testing Continues: Students who qualified to retake certain SOLs are testing this week. Students who are unsure if this applies to them should check with their teachers.
- ANGP Ticket prices are now $70. Class of 2017 All Night Grad Celebration tickets are now on sale. The deadline to buy tickets is June 7th. This year’s event begins at Westfield for check-in and then students will be bused to Uptown Alley and Autobahn where they will spend the evening bowling in the black-light alley, playing laser tag, driving the autobahn speedway, playing unlimited arcade games, dancing to a fabulous DJ, playing pool, eating, and having chances to win fantastic prizes! Order online, download the ticket form and send it to the main office, or pick up a form in the main office. Remember to also complete the risk forms that are found online or attached to this email. Every attendee must have completed permission forms and a parent/guardian must sign, even if the student is 18 years old. Don’t miss the fun! Not sure if you’ve ordered already or want to see who’s signed up, click here This is a “will call” event. A detailed email will be sent to ticket purchasers that will include information on sign-ups for the autobahn and bowling lanes, as well as bus sign-ups. Sign-ups are first-come, first-served, based on when the graduate’s ticket was purchased. Please watch the email that was used when tickets were purchased or contact email@example.com with email contact information.
- ANGP Volunteers Needed: Parents/guardians of all class years are needed for the All Night Grad Celebration! Shifts begin at 10:30 (check-in, set-up) and continue through the evening! Bus chaperones are the biggest need! Other openings include security and activities. To see what’s needed and to sign up, click here
- Chipotle fundraiser for Chorus: Tonight from 5-8 pm, the Sully Station Chipotle is hosting a fundraiser for the WHS Chorus department. Easy dinner! Please print or have on your phone the flier that is attached and show it to the cashier. Thank you.
- Pyramid Art Show: Student expression and the mastery of craft are two of the products of a solid Art Education. In the Westfield Pyramid we strive to form the whole child, balancing concept with content and identity with community. Join us for an exhibition of artwork created by our Elementary, Middle and High School students on June 7th. The show will be open during school hours 8:10-2:50 (check in at the main office) and that evening from 6:30-8:30pm for an Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony (7pm). There will be two food trucks available from 5-8:30pm at Door 11. http://www.frenchmanfoodtruck.com/ & http://www.mrmacfreeze.com/ Proceeds of food sales go toward art student scholarships and programs. Come and celebrate an awesome school year of creativity and fun!
- Drumline Clinics: Current students and rising freshmen interested in learning more about what it’s like to be a percussionist in the marching band are invited to attend the following drumline clinics. These are for students interested in the pit as well. Monday, June 5th from 6-8 pm; Monday, June 12th from 6-8 pm; Tuesday, June 13th from 6-8 pm, and Tuesday, June 20th from 6-8 pm in the band room.
- Interested in a parking pass for next year? The online student parking application opens on Tuesday, June 6 at 3:30 PM for rising Seniors and Juniors who currently have a valid driver's license. Students should go to the Westfield website to review the application process and get the link to complete the online application packet using your FCPS Google account. The current parking rate is $200 per school year. The student parking application should be completed at home with a parent or guardian. The first opportunity to turn in the completed student parking application is Monday, June 12th from 7:10 AM to 8:00 AM at the K102 security office. Applications will not be accepted during class periods, but can be accepted during student’s assigned lunch. https://westfieldhs.fcps.edu/resources/parking-students
- Senior Families: Mark your calendars! Baccalaureate for the Class of 2017 will be held June 11th from 5-6 pm at Centreville Presbyterian Church.
- There are a few still yearbooks available for purchase: The cost for the 2016-2017 WHS Yearbook is now $85, cash only, and are being sold during Bulldog Block only. Please contact Mrs. Naeve at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Seniors – Required graduation rehearsals are Monday, June 12th (1-3 pm) and Tuesday, June 13th (1:30-3:30 pm). See the WHS website for details.
- Bulldog BBQ Tuesday, Aug 22nd ( 5:00 -7:30 p.m. ) ! Plans are underway for the 2017-2018 Bulldog BBQ! If your Westfield HS Activities Office officially sanctioned club or group would like to have a table or do any type of fundraising, you will need to complete a request form. Forms are being placed in school mailboxes today, you can complete the form electronically https://goo.gl/forms/XrmLeDUIaQrsQBco2 or you can print the attached form and return Fundraisers are not final until approved by the Bulldog BBQ Committee, in conjunction with the Westfield Activities Office (per FCPS regulations). For more information email Jeanette Schutte (email@example.com)
- VHSL Sports Physicals at Westfield: On June 21st from 5:30-7:30 pm, WHS will host the annual sports physicals night. The cost is $50 per preregistered student and takes about an hour to complete. Proceeds are donated to the FCPS Athletic Training Program and help treat injured Bulldog athletes. All physicals will be kept on file at Westfield and will be good for the 2017-2018 school year. Physicals are comprehensive and include a physical exam, flexibility and strength assessment, posture screening and a vision exam. Register by clicking here and scrolling to the bottom. Questions? Contact Ms. Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No more checks at WHS does not apply to the PTSA: You may have heard that Westfield HS has stopped accepting checks as a method of payment for the remainder of the school year. This does not apply to anything related to the PTSA – including ANGP tickets. It does apply to fees/fines, and any other money owed to the school.
- Summer Math Refresher Camp: The math refresher camp will run August 7th-11th from 9-11:30 am and is a summer program designed to prepare students for their fall math class - Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, or Pre-Calculus. The camp is FREE for all Westfield students! Registration is required and the firm deadline to register is July 7th. To register, complete the attached registration form and submit it electronically to Ms. Sweitzer at email@example.com
- Turbo-Tutoring: The next ACT prep class is June 7th at Briar Woods HS. To see the calendar and to register for a one-day seminar for SAT or ACT prep, click here.
- Indoor Concessions Volunteer Openings for 2017-2018 School Year: The Indoor Concessions booth is in need of a volunteer coordinator to organize the shifts and volunteers. Also needed are volunteers to cover the indoor concessions after school. Shifts are 2 times per month, about an hour and a half per shift. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Amanda Bremer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestra Boosters seek a treasurer for next school year. Contact Amanda Bremer at email@example.com if you’re interested.
- Freshman Bootcamp: Freshmen Bootcamp is an opportunity for all rising freshman to participate in a “Get to Know Westfield High School” program. The 2017 camp will take place August 14-16 from 9 AM-12PM in the school’s cafeteria. The registration form and emergency care form are attached. The registration deadline is August 1st.
- Mulch Weekend Business “Thank Yous”: We would like to give a big thank you to our donors and sponsors! Please remember these companies and groups and consider supporting them, just as they support Westfield!
- FCPS 2017-2018 Calendar: You can see next year’s school calendar here. Remember, school starts August 28th
- mySATadvisor.com: An option for SAT prep is mySATadvisor.com Online, unlimited practice and analytics on College Board tests and other popular test publishers. Improve speed and accuracy, practice missed or bookmarked questions, and more. Use promo code WHSPTSA20 for a 20% discount.
- FCPS Parent Resource Center: There are many resources available at the FCPS Parent Resource center. For information and to register for classes, visit here.
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. You do have to relink your Harris Teeter card each year but you do not have to relink your Giant card (but please check to ensure that you’ve designated Westfield!) Please check out this link for more information!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast? Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the WHS Track Athletes who competed at the State Meet this weekend! Results available soon!
Interested in volunteering for the state jubilee for Soccer, Baseball, and Softball this weekend? Help is needed at the concessions stand.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.