PTSA E-Tidbit News
1/2/17 PTSA E-Blast
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
1/4: Curriculum Night, 7 pm
1/16: MLK Jr Holiday, No School
1/19: PTSA Meeting (ANGP Discussion), 7 pm
1/20: Inauguration Day, No School
1/24: Junior Night, 7 pm
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Curriculum Night, January 4th from 7:00-8:30 pm: This is an opportunity for students and parents to learn about available classes for the 2017-2018 school year. Please help spread the word to our rising 9th graders!
- Junior Night, January 24th at 7 pm: Learn from a panel of college professionals about the college process, what students should be doing now, how colleges make decisions, how to manage the process, financial aid/scholarships, and the community college option. There will be time for questions at the end of the program. This program is for Juniors and their families and will be held in the auditorium.
- Practice SAT or ACT, February 25th: The PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice test on Saturday, February 25th. Students register to take a full-length test of either the SAT or the ACT. Scores are for student use only, and are not reported to the test companies. The cost is $20, with payment made to the PTSA. To register, click here or use the link at the bottom of this e-blast.
- BITS Tutoring - Free! BITS runs up to 3 Saturday mornings per month. Student tutors are needed and earn service hours for their time! To be eligible for tutoring, students must attend Westfield or any of the schools that feed to Westfield (elementary and middle). For information and to see the required forms, click here Everyone must arrive on time. No late arrivals will be admitted.
- Turbo-Tutoring: To see the calendar and to register for a one-day seminar for SAT or ACT prep, click here or see the flier attached at the bottom of the e-blast.
- 2017 Mulch Sale and Delivery: Please mark your calendars! Mulch delivery weekend is April 21st-22nd and many volunteers (students and adults) will be needed! The sale of mulch will begin in a few weeks – please be sure to get your order in early! We have sold out the past 4 years! Orders can be placed online or by sending an order form to the school. Watch the e-blast for an announcement about the beginning of the sale!
- SOL Non-Writing Retakes: There will be SOL retakes the week of January 9th. These tests are for students who did not pass a test last year. Students with questions should talk with their counselors.
- WeStep Community Sponsors Needed Please: Westfield High School is looking for business partnerships to participate in our WeStep Internship Program from Thursday, May 25th through Friday, June 9th. All interns meet high qualifications including a review of grades, attendance, and discipline records. You would have an intern for a minimum of 60 hours in your organization. We seek both paid and unpaid internships in a wide range of fields. The program was such a success last year that over 36 of our seniors were offered summer employment! Please contact information on the program and how we can help you find an intern(s). Your collaboration is an important phase of the education of our seniors and we look forward to working with you.
- Citizen’s Advisory Committee Meeting January 11th at 7:30 pm: The topic at this month’s meeting is terrorism. There will be a speaker addressing this topic and taking questions. 4900 Stonecroft Blvd (down the road from Westfield)
- News You Can Use: If you haven’t already done so, please register to receive PTSA updates through the FCPS News You Can Use program. It’s a bit cumbersome to register but this is the main way the PTSA will be able to send messages (other than the eblasts and Facebook). To register: Go to FCPS.edu; Scroll to the bottom then click on the mustard yellow banner “Stay Updated with What’s Happening at FCPS with News You Can Choose; Click the “Sign Up Now box; Enter your email address and click “submit”; Find the button for “High Schools” and select “Westfield”; Choose first line “News and Announcements” then choose second line “PTSA” and click submit. You will see a green banner with a check mark and “Subscriptions Updated”. While in the system, you can opt for other areas of interest as well.
- Athletic Teams Calendar: To see the games/matches/meets for all WHS athletic teams, click here!
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. You DO have to relink your Harris Teeter card each year but you do not have to relink your Giant card (but please check to ensure that you’ve designated Westfield!) Please check out this link for more information!
- Have something about a club, team, or class at Westfield that you’d like in the e-blast? Send a request to email@example.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR BULLDOGS!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.