PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 9-9-16
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
9/10 – Mattress Sale, 10 am – 5 pm (flier attached at bottom of email)
9/15 – PTSA Meeting-Guest Speakers: Tom Wilson and Dr. Copeland, 7 pm
9/20 – Back-to-School Night and Bulldog Café, Volunteers needed
9/30 – Homecoming Parade and Football Game
10/1 – Homecoming Dance
10/3 and 10/4 – Vision/hearing screenings, Volunteers needed
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Mr. Tom Wilson (Sully District School Board Member) and Dr. Copeland (WHS Principal) will be at the PTSA meeting on Thursday, 9/15, at 7 pm in the WHS Library. Please join us and hear our speakers’ presentations on FCPS and Westfield.
- PTSA Membership: Have you joined the PTSA this year? Please do! It takes many people joining and helping in the mission of success for all students at Westfield. Please be one of those people – your participation matters. Click here! If you have any questions, please contact Becky Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!
- October 7th: Everyone who joins the PTSA by October 7th will be entered into a drawing for a fantastic gift card!
- Bulldog Café: Did you know that there will be ONE back-to-school night this year for all grades on September 20th? Make it easier on yourself – arrive early, get a parking spot, and enjoy a relaxing dinner at the Bulldog Café before the main event of meeting your student’s teachers! Karen Lowe is organizing and will be selling Subway sandwiches, pizza, chips, candy, water, and sodas! Volunteers are needed – there are several student service hour opportunities listed, as well as adult spots (which should be listed soon)! Student volunteering counts as PTSA volunteering, which is important for students planning to apply for the senior PTSA scholarships! Questions? Contact Mrs. Lowe at email@example.com
- 2016-2017 Student Directory: Student directories are being sold again this year, thanks to April Milner! You may order one by completing the directory section on the PTSA membership forms.
- Directory Advertising: The annual WHS student directory will feature ads from sponsors, ranging from full page to ¼ page size ads! If you know someone or if your company would like to advertise (very reasonable rates!), please contact April Milner.
- Cocktail-style dresses available for purchase: Best Bridal and Tailoring in Chantilly donated a number of beautiful new dresses and 5 are ideal for the Homecoming Dance (10/1)! The sizes are 10 and 12 and the cost is $50. To see the dresses, please click on the link at the bottom of the email. To try them on, please email Cathy Pisarcik at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to meet at Westfield!
- Teacher/Staff Membership Raffle: Congratulations to Mr. Greg Rupert and Ms. Wendy Pierce, the winners of the “early-bird” staff/teacher membership raffle! They each win an Amazon gift card!
- After-School Concessions Volunteers Still Needed: Are you looking for a regular (every-other week) volunteer spot? There are several openings for the after school concessions stand which runs from September through May! Please contact Amanda Bremer with questions or to volunteer.
- Dance Team Raffle: The WHS Dance Team (which receives no funding from the school or any booster organization) is raising money for its upcoming trip to Nationals! They are having a raffle for 4 tickets to the Redskins vs Browns (RG III’s return to DC) game on October 2nd! Tickets will are available through team parents and the coach. The drawing will take place during the football game on September 16th.
- Athletic Teams Calendar: To see the games/matches/meets for all WHS athletic teams, click here!
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you!
- Silent Fundraisers: We participate in several store school support programs, such as Giant’s A+ School Rewards and Harris Teeter’s Together in Education program. Please check out this link for more information!
- Thank you to all who contributed time and food the the delicious Back-to-School lunch last week! Special thanks to Jennie Joiner and Julie Lovejoy for organizing!
- Thank you to all who volunteered and attended the Bulldog BBQ last week!
- A huge thank you to the following who donated to this year’s silent auction! Please support these businesses who support Westfield!
Glenn and Becky Martin
Stadium Blanket by N. Camarata
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.