PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 2-21-16 – Volunteers Needed and Upcoming Events Edition
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
2/21: Theatre’s Production of To Kill A Mockingbird – Final Performance, 2 pm
2/22-2/25: Winter Spirit Week
2/25: Neil McNerney’s presentation of “The Teenage Brain”, 8:30 am
2/25: Band Concert, 7 pm
2/27: Chorus Fundraiser at Applebee’s, 8-10 am
Here are several updates:
- “The Teenage Brain” by Neil McNerney: Thursday, 2/25 from 8:30 am – 10:30 am in the Lecture Hall. Spanish and Korean translation services available. Come learn about why your teen does some of the things he/she does. Neil McNerney M.Ed., LPC, author and educator has worked with families in our area for the past 20 years. For more information, please visit neilmcnerney.com
- Theatre’s Production of To Kill A Mockingbird: The final performance of Westfield High School Theatre Arts Department presents Harper Lee’s classic tale, To Kill a Mockingbird, is Sunday, February 21st at 2:00 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance and with a valid student ID, and $12 at the door. Seating is reserved and tickets are available online at www.westfieldtheatreboosters.com.
- 2016 Mulch Day Prize Chair Needed: A volunteer is needed to purchase prizes and coordinate the prize table for this year’s mulch sale. Interested? Contact email@example.com
- 2016 Forklift Drivers needed for Mulch Day (April 8th and 9th): Two additional forklift drivers are needed for this year’s mulch day. Help is needed with unloading mulch from the delivering tractor trailers and loading it into the vehicles used to deliver to customers. Experience helpful but not required. We have experienced drivers who can show you what to do. Please contact Karen Duncan with questions or to volunteer. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mulch Volunteers (April 8th and 9th): Many volunteers will be needed to help deliver all that mulch! Sign-ups will start soon. Student AND adult volunteers are needed to make this event a success. Adults are needed mostly to drive students to the mulch deliveries. Please mark your calendars for April 8th and/or 9th and join the annual Westfield community event! Great for service hours – we will sign forms! Teams (all seasons) and clubs can earn funds – sponsors and coaches should check with Mrs. Campbell in Student Services to sign up. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- All Night Grad Party Volunteers Needed, June 21st—Underclass, Senior and Alum Parents Invited and Encouraged to help: This event takes place the night of graduation and is a drug-and-alcohol-free event celebrating the current year graduates. This year, the event will be held at Westfield with certain areas of the building being transformed into a fun celebration zone and includes a magician/illusionist, mechanical bull, DJ, Casino, lots of games, prizes, food, and more! This annual event is the culmination of four years of hard work for the graduates and a chance for them to celebrate their success! MANY volunteers (parents of students in all grades) are needed for the various committees such as games and prizes, food, and security. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or with questions.
- PTSA Board Opening - Treasurer: The PTSA seeks someone to become the PTSA Treasurer beginning in July. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Meg Crossett at email@example.com No experience is needed, though a financial background is helpful. The current treasurer will provided training, if needed.
- Crew Fundraiser: The WHS Crew Team is holding its 3rd annual Million Meter Madness event Friday March 12th in the WHS cafeteria. Using rowing machines, athletes will row a combined total of 1,000,000 meters. Please consider pledging support to a specific athlete or to the team in general through this link Crew is raising funds to replace oars and ergs (rowing machines). The Team is not sponsored by FCPS and relies on donations to replace equipment. You are welcome to attend the event, Friday March 12th starting at 7 pm.
- Chorus Fundraiser: The chorus department and its students are holding a breakfast fundraiser at Applebee’s at Westone Plaza on Saturday, February 27th from 8 am to 10 am.
- Military Academy Night: On Thursday, March 3rd from 7-8:30 pm, there will be a military academy information night in the Westfield HS Library. Representatives from the Air Force, Coast Guard, Naval, and Military Academies, as well as Virginia Military Institute, The Citadel, George Mason’s Army ROTC, and Virginia Tech’s Corps of Cadets will be present.
- Saturday Night In The Suburbs, March 17th, 7:30 pm: Thanks to the Westfield Business Owner’s Association, the PTSA is pleased to sponsor Unified Prevention Coalition’s “Saturday Night in the Suburbs” presentation. The program features an evening of dialogue with a panel of high school seniors on drugs and alcohol use, teen parties, parent supervision and enabling, social media, and communication with parents. The program is for ADULTS ONLY. Content is informative and appropriate for high school and middle school parents, and any adult in the community.
- Mulch Sale Continues: To order mulch, click here
- Spirit Week: This week is the SGA sponsored Winter Spirit Week. Monday: Mathletes vs Athletes; Tuesday: Netflix Day; Wednesday: Dynamic Duo Day; Thursday: Disney Day; Friday: Blackout Day. There will be a pep rally Friday afternoon and the Club Intensity Dance Friday evening.
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.