PTSA E-Tidbit News
PTSA E-blast 7-25-15
Please “LIKE” us on Facebook (Westfield High School PTSA)!
KEY DATES (complete calendar at ptsa.westfieldhs.org):
7/25 – Summer Stage production of “Mary Poppins”-Final Day! (#11)
8/3 – Falls Sports tryouts begin
8/10 – Algebra Refresher Camp begins (#8)
8/24 – Bulldog Bootcamp begins
9/1 – Bulldog BBQ and silent auction (#1)
9/8 – First day of school
9/19 – Practice PSAT/SAT test (#7)
Here are several updates from around the school:
- Upcoming Silent Auction: The 2015 Silent Auction will be held during the Bulldog BBQ on September, with items being available through an online ahead of time. To make this a success, donations are needed please. If you have an item or service or anything that you would be willing to donate, please contact Mary Shirley at Silent Auction Donation Link Donations in the past included tickets to events, games and shows, time share or vacation homes, jewelry, services such as massages, tanning, and fitness, make up services, gift cards, and so much more! If desired, you will be provided with a tax donation letter for any donation that you make.
- Amazon.com Ordering: If you order from Amazon.com, please access the website through the link on the right side of the PTSA webpage Every order placed earns the PTSA much needed funds, at NO cost to you! Thank you.
- Your Vote Needed: Kim Nguyen has volunteered to fill the 2nd Vice President opening. If you are a 2014-2015 WHS PTSA member, please reply with a “yes” or “no” vote for Kim Nguyen – 2nd VP
- ANGP Prize Donation Thank Yous!: Please see the complete list of donors and sponsors and links to their respective businesses (if available). We cannot thank them enough for their generosity and encourage you to consider supporting them.
- ANGP Photos: We are very grateful to Veronica and Kevin Delaney for taking and posting the ANGP photos! To see the ANGP photos, click here: 2015 ANGP Photos
- Parking Applications: Student parking applications are now being accepted for the 2015-2016 school year. Forms and other information can be found on the Westfield web page . Students may bring back signed forms to K102 – the security office near the cafeteria. There are very specific guidelines that students need to follow.
- Practice PSAT/SAT: The WHS PTSA and Kaplan are sponsoring a practice SAT/PSAT on Saturday, September 19th. The test is $20. This practice test aligns with the PSAT and the new SAT that will be given starting in 2016. To register, please visit: Practice Test Registration
- Algebra Refresher Camp: The Algebra refresher camp is a summer program tailored specifically to the math class the student is taking in the fall. Sign up for the course right for the student - Algebra refresher is for students taking Algebra 1, Geometry or Algebra 2 in the fall. Algebra 1 refresher is for students retaking the Algebra 1 SOL in the fall. The class is FREE and will run August 10 – 14 from 9 am until 11:30 am. Registration is required. Contact Ms. Sweitzer at email@example.com with questions.
- Rising 9th grade families: Please help spread the word about the PTSA to all incoming families! Please invite anyone incoming families you know to check out the PTSA webpage (ptsa.westfieldhs.org) and “Like” us on Facebook. We encourage all incoming freshmen to attend the Bulldog Bootcamp.
- Summer Parent Clinic: The FCPS Office of Intervention and Prevention Services is offering its Summer Parent Clinic. Parents can schedule a 45 minute consultation with a School Psychologist of School Social Worker. Supportive consultation is available for parents when children are experiencing social-emotional, behavioral, or academic challenges such as anxiety, attention, poor school performance, bullying, and poor peer or family interactions. School Psychologists and School Social Workers are available for parents for assistance in identifying community resources, guidance on how to manage challenging behaviors, as well as how to work collaboratively with school teams around issues of academic or behavioral concern. To schedule an appointment, please call the FCPS Parent Clinic at 703-503-2506, 703-503-2507 or email at http://www.fcps.edu/dss/parentclinic/mailform.html
- Summer Stage Presents “Mary Poppins”: Don’t miss the Westfield Summer Stage production of “Mary Poppins”! The Final day is today – at 2:00 pm and 7:30 pm. The show will be held at Westfield. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets link
- Summer Assignments: Summer assignments are listed on the Westfield webpage.
- Update your E-blast Preference: If you no longer have a student at Westfield and/or wish to stop receiving the WHS PTSA eblasts, please unsubscribe using the link at the end of this message.
- Turbo Tutoring: An SAT prep class will be held on August 10th at Briar Woods. Visit Turbo-Tutoring for more information and to register.
- ANGP Donors and Vendors: Thank you to the following who donated prizes or provided services for the 2015 All Night Grad Celebration at Alto Plaza in Centreville. We encourage your patronage of those who support Westfield!
Wema Howard, Pay Yourself First
Congratulations Class of 2015 Students AND Families!
The Westfield High School PTSA
This newsletter/Eblast was sent to Visitor ()
You may to Westfield HS PTSA newsletter/Eblast anytime.